1883, some of the people of Lake Placid felt the need for a library. A
public notice was put up, and the meeting was scheduled to be held in
the Adirondack Baptist Church on January 15, 1884.
appointed day eighteen people "interested in the literary
advancement of our community" formed the Library Association of
North Elba. A Certificate of Incorporation was filed in the office of
the Essex County Clerk, Mr. Roberts, who donated the cost of the filing,
on February 19, 1884.
began immediately. Two hundred books had already been donated for the
continue reading here......